The Outstanding Young Scientist (OYS) Awards are given to young Filipino scientists (must not be 41 years old within January to December in the year of the awarding) who have made significant contributions to science and technology.
A total of twelve (12) OYS Awards are available annually, split among the following divisions:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
The award consists of a trophy and a cash prize.
A nominee must be:
(a) A Filipino citizen;
(b) Must NOT be forty one (41) years old or older within January to December in the year of the awarding
(c) Of exceptional ability to undertake scientific research as evidenced by papers published in reputable scientific journals; and
(d) Of good moral character.
Judging is based on:
(a) Quality and number of scientific works and publications
(b) Contributions to the advancement of science in general and science in the Philippines, in particular; and
(c) Contributions to the well-being of the Philippine economy and culture.
Nominations for these awards may be made by heads of government or private research institutions, departments of colleges or universities, or academic or professional scientific organizations or societies.
The deadline for submission of nominations is every last working day of November.
Checklist of Requirements:
- Accomplished nomination form
- College-level, higher degree and graduate level, undergraduate diplomas and transcripts of records
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Three (3) most important research publications
- Two-minute video explaining the importance of S&T contributions of the nominee to society
- Article about the nominee and his/her scientific and technical contributions to society in not more than 1,000 words
- Five (5) high resolution photographs with captions depicting the nominee’s present scientific work
Note: Submission of nominations is online at recognition.nast.dost.gov.ph. Please submit also the electronic copy of the nomination in pdf format through email at email@example.com