The NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
is in need of SCIENCE RESEARCH SPECIALIST I
I. Provide Assistance in the following:
a. Assist in the preparation of materials for meetings, and promotional activities (Scientific Career Council Meetings, STC Meetings, Oath taking, Orientations and Scientists Forum).
-Photocopies and labels supporting documents of scientists for evaluation of their yearly performance rating
-Draft press releases and news articles for Scientific Career System (SCS) Bulletins, media outlets and SCS website
b. Receive, acknowledges and process requests for foreign travel grants and other benefits including referral of scientist’s request for foreign travel grants to concerned STC
II. Shall be responsible for the following:
a. Administrative requirements of the project such as to receive, monitor and release SCS documents; and disseminate and/or mail letters, communications, etc.
b. Publications (Bulletins, Proceedings, etc) – Production and Printing
c. Budgetary requirements of the project such as prepare supporting documents for processing of scientists’ claims and disbursements charged against project funds.
d. Procurement requirements such as prepare procurement plan, purchase requests and other related documents; prepare and/or canvass for required supplies, materials and equipment; monitor inventory of supplies, materials and equipment; and prepare required reports.
e. Uploading of contents to SCS website and its maintenance.
f. Records keeping - organize dead files of the program and digitize documents of scientists, communications, and related materials necessary for program’s database
- Average organizational skills – manages and organizes one to three events at the same time
- Good interpersonal skills – works well in a team and able to communicate/deal effectively with the scientist-clients and officials
- Above average written communication skills – writes well-organized and clear reports
- Average oral communication skills – able to talk with others, to give and exchange ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Basic knowledge on website maintenance
- Knowledge on administrative aspects of day-to-day operation of an organization (procurement, records management, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (Communication or any related science course)
- Relevant experience an advantage but not required
- Relevant training an advantage but not required
Period of Engagement: February – December 31, 2017
Compensation – P26,793.60/month
Interested applicants may submit their letter of application, resume, transcript of records, employment certificate/s (if any), training certificate/s (if any) and other document on or before January 16, 2017 to
THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
National Academy of Science and Technology
3rd Level Science Heritage Building, DOST Compound, Bicutan, Taguig City
Note: Please indicate in the subject of the application letter the Reference No. “SRSI-2017-05”.
Date of posting: January 9, 2017