The NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
is in need of SCIENCE RESEARCH SPECIALIST I (SRSI-2017-14)
- Assist in the implementation of the project “Strategic Response to S&T Concerns of a Progressive Philippines Anchored on Science”;
- Assist in the conduct of policy fora and other advisory-/advocacy-related activities; prepare invitations to NAST members, scientists, researchers and institutions; and prepare all the necessary documents needed for the successful conduct of said activities the outcome of which will be the basis in the formulation of NAST recommendations;
- Draft reports from the discussions and presentations of various policy fora/advocacy-related activities for consideration of the focal persons, concerned committees or divisions;
- Maintain files/documents of conducted fora/activities; and
- Assist NAST officials and other clients and perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Skills/Competencies required:
Superior organizational skills – manages and organizes several events at the same time
- Above average written communication skills – writes well-organized press releases and speeches
- Average oral communication skills – able to talk with others, to give and exchange ideas and information clearly and effectively
- Good interpersonal skills – works well in a team and able to deal effectively with the co-workers, client, public and mediaProblem solving skills – uses good judgement and resolves problems/concerns regarding assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree (Development Communication or any related science course)
- Relevant experience an advantage but not required
- Relevant training an advantage but not required
Period of engagement: March to December 2017
Interested applicants may submit their letter of application, resume, transcript of records, employment certificate/s (if any), training certificate/s (f any) and other document on or before March 6, 2017 to
THE CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
National Academy of Science and Technology
3rd Level Science Heritage Building, DOST Compound, Bicutan, Taguig City,
Incomplete application will not be considered.
Note: Please indicate in the subject of the application letter the Reference No. “SRSI-2017-14”.
Period of posting: March 1, 2017